A Level's results

ALYH

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Jun 17, 2021
Hello!

I obtained a BBC for my A-Levels and I was wondering if it is worth applying to law firms that have a minimum A level requirement of AAB/ABB. Although I still want to apply to these law firms, I don't know if they will even consider my applications. Any advice?

Thanks!

tt_xo

Valued Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Oct 20, 2020
Hey,

I think if you have mitigating circumstances then you should still apply, many law firms consider lower grades in light of mitigating circumstances. If you don't, I dont see any harm in going for firms with an BBB minimum for example. There may be someone else on this forum better placed to talk about applying without mitigating circumstances.
Honestly if your talking about vacation schemes there are SO many firms now that dont look at A levels: CMS, Slaughter and May, DLA Piper, Clifford Chance, Freshfields, BCLP, Gowling, Bird & Bird, Shoosmiths, Browne Jacobson etc. If you are talking about first year schemes, which I believe CMS, DLA Piper, Clifford Chance, BCLP and Freshfields have, im sure the same policy applies for their first year schemes also and they probably dont look at A levels. Hope that helps!

ALYH

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Jun 17, 2021
Thank you!!

Yeah. I have seen some firms that do not specify minimum requirements for A levels result but most of them do, unfortunately. I don't have any mitigating circumstances but I meet their 2:1 requirement, just not the A levels requirement.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hello!

I obtained a BBC for my A-Levels and I was wondering if it is worth applying to law firms that have a minimum A level requirement of AAB/ABB. Although I still want to apply to these law firms, I don't know if they will even consider my applications. Any advice?

Thanks!
Do you have any mitigating circumstances or do you think you would fall under any contextualised recruitment processes (eg your education or social background was of a lower level than the average)?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.