Accommodation

R203

Legendary Member
  • Dec 14, 2018
    Hi Everyone! I was just wondering for current trainees/associates in London, or those making plans to move to London to begin their LPC/GDL and beyond, how did you make your decision for accommodation?

I am in the midst of looking for accommodation and am not too sure where to begin. What are the average prices one should expect, and where best should I consider? Does anyone has any landlord or company recommendations I could refer to?

Also, @Jessica Booker , do you have any advice on this?

Would appreciate any help I can get, thank you so much!!! :):)

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi Everyone! I was just wondering for current trainees/associates in London, or those making plans to move to London to begin their LPC/GDL and beyond, how did you make your decision for accommodation?

I am in the midst of looking for accommodation and am not too sure where to begin. What are the average prices one should expect, and where best should I consider? Does anyone has any landlord or company recommendations I could refer to?

Also, @Jessica Booker , do you have any advice on this?

Would appreciate any help I can get, thank you so much!!! :):)

This is tricky, just where London is so large and there are so many variables.

I think it really depends on what you want from where you live. Some people are happy to pay a premium to live walking distance from their office, although to be fair that’s usually just to make the morning commute easier.

Some people want to be closer to things that are important to them (green spaces), some want to be closer to ways to get home to family if they live outside of London.

I think it’s got even more complicated now working from home is more common. It’s changed the graduate rental market, including the required space in house shares, the distance people are willing to commute and the popularity of non-house share properties.

Prices will vary massively depending on the specifics of what you are looking for. Could be anything from £700 a month for a house share further out or in a not so desirable area, to several thousand pounds a month for a one bed apartment.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.