Addleshaw Goddard Application

Khit Tik Al Ni Kom

Nov 9, 2020
2. Please chose a current COVID related legal issue and describe how this may be impacting the legal sector and specifically Addleshaw Goddard. 2000 characters

Could anyone please advise how I can go about this question? I’m struggling to find cases or news specifically impacting AG

Please help! Thanks!

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    2. Please chose a current COVID related legal issue and describe how this may be impacting the legal sector and specifically Addleshaw Goddard. 2000 characters

Could anyone please advise how I can go about this question? I’m struggling to find cases or news specifically impacting AG

Please help! Thanks!

You may find it useful to look into the kind of work Addleshaw Goddard undertakes. You could pick a practice area that interests you (and one that forms a big part of the work the firm undertakes) and then research if there are any COVID-related legal issues impacting Addleshaw Goddard in this way.

The most obvious one would probably be the uncertainty over force majeure clauses. You could also look at whether the pandemic has led to particular corporate, litigation or employment issues.

After picking this topic, I'd then consider how you can tie this closely to Addleshaw Goddard. You might want to look into where the firm's strengths lie, as well as the firm's own guidance and thought pieces on COVID-19 for clients.

• ℹ️
    Reactions: CF and Alice G

Alice G

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Nov 26, 2018
    You may find it useful to look into the kind of work Addleshaw Goddard undertakes. You could pick a practice area that interests you (and one that forms a big part of the work the firm undertakes) and then research if there are any COVID-related legal issues impacting Addleshaw Goddard in this way.

The most obvious one would probably be the uncertainty over force majeure clauses. You could also look at whether the pandemic has led to particular corporate, litigation or employment issues.

I agree with this and I appreciate the difficulty here because they have written this question quite specifically. My personal opinion is Force Majeure clause are going to be very popular - there is nothing wrong whatsoever with this of course and I think this question, by its drafting, seems a bit limiting. If you do take this approach, really research well and try to offer something unique - the best way to do this is form your own opinion. Try to approach it a bit like an essay - really know the subject, interrogate different sources and find a unique angle.

Restructuring and insolvency is also very topical - I recommend you to research the pre-insolvency moratorium and the new Restructuring Plan brought in by CIGA 2020.

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    I agree with this and I appreciate the difficulty here because they have written this question quite specifically. My personal opinion is Force Majeure clause are going to be very popular - there is nothing wrong whatsoever with this of course and I think this question, by its drafting, seems a bit limiting. If you do take this approach, really research well and try to offer something unique - the best way to do this is form your own opinion. Try to approach it a bit like an essay - really know the subject, interrogate different sources and find a unique angle.

Restructuring and insolvency is also very topical - I recommend you to research the pre-insolvency moratorium and the new Restructuring Plan brought in by CIGA 2020.
    Restructuring and insolvency is a great one!

• 🤝
    Reactions: Alice G

NikkiT

Legendary Member
    Oct 2, 2020
    Can anyone please offer me advice on how to answer the following question:

Diversity and Inclusion has moved up the agenda in recent years, what action should law firms be taking to ensure that they are creating a more diverse and inclusive workplace?*

- Here, are they looking for you to think of new initiatives that could be put in place or explain how law firms are currently doing this?

Also, can anyone point me in the right direction for AG's USPs? :)

Celestie

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    I am currently tackling this question and it feels particularly unfair to non-law students. I am trying to read some of the things suggested however I do not understand half the legal jargon used. Any advice?

• 🤝
    Reactions: Holly

Legalregal

Valued Member
    Jan 13, 2021
    Would an increase in litigation based on force majeure clauses be considered current? I know it was a big thing at the beginning of the pandemic. Maybe it is relevant again if a third wave hits/government support continues to be withdrawn

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.