Advice for Dentons AC?

Sarai

Star Member
Premium Member
Oct 13, 2021
hey did you have the assessment centre, how did it go? im applying for scotland
Hi. I've just done it.

For the written exercise I would say plan your time really well, make sure you have enough time to write but read as in depth as possible. I was asked questions on the details within the documents for the exercise.

For the second part (case study/interview) I would research what the role of a solicitor is, how corporate deals are structured and then prepare standard motivational and competency answers.

• Love
  • ℹ️
Reactions: SS1 and lawnoob

lawnoob

Valued Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2021
Hi @Sarai! Thank you for sharing and I hope you get through!

I'm not doing the Dentons AC but was generally wondering, how much detail do you need to know about deal structure? Did they ask specific questions?

Sarai

Star Member
Premium Member
Oct 13, 2021
Hi @Sarai! Thank you for sharing and I hope you get through!

I'm not doing the Dentons AC but was generally wondering, how much detail do you need to know about deal structure? Did they ask specific questions?
Hi

I would say you need to know a fair amount. Or have really good business common sense. The interviewers do guide you but I honestly don't know how you could do that without any commercial law knowledge. I've been asked about derivatives and private equity in other interviews, some of these firms really require a lot of prep.

lawnoob

Valued Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2021
Hi

I would say you need to know a fair amount. Or have really good business common sense. The interviewers do guide you but I honestly don't know how you could do that without any commercial law knowledge. I've been asked about derivatives and private equity in other interviews, some of these firms really require a lot of prep.
Do you think interviewers tend to ask more legal questions if you've studied a law degree? Was this the case for you?

martyndobbin

Jul 14, 2022
Hi. I've just done it.

For the written exercise I would say plan your time really well, make sure you have enough time to write but read as in depth as possible. I was asked questions on the details within the documents for the exercise.

For the second part (case study/interview) I would research what the role of a solicitor is, how corporate deals are structured and then prepare standard motivational and competency answers.
hey! hope your AC went well, have you heard back at all?

as for the the case study and written exercise, was this based on an investment scenario like previous years? for example, an M&A scenario or a company looking to grow sort of thing?

also, did they ask you any sort of legal questions? I see you mentioned derivatives and private equity :)

thanks

Sarai

Star Member
Premium Member
Oct 13, 2021
hey! hope your AC went well, have you heard back at all?

as for the the case study and written exercise, was this based on an investment scenario like previous years? for example, an M&A scenario or a company looking to grow sort of thing?

also, did they ask you any sort of legal questions? I see you mentioned derivatives and private equity :)

thanks
Hi I haven't heard back yet. I don't want to share the specific scenario just to pay but you're along the right lines. More about the role of a solicitor than actual points of law.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.