Advice on BPP Distance Learning PGDL?

BiancaR

Star Member
Future Trainee
Junior Lawyer 12
  • Jun 8, 2020
    Hello everyone! I was wondering if anyone has taken/is planning to take a Distance Learning PGDL with BPP and can recommend any resources or explain the assessment methods?

I have just accepted a place with BPP's PGDL starting in September. This is a bit of a last minute decision (I was originally planning to study with U of Law) but secured a TC/sponsorship which required me to switch to BPP. I've been having a bit of trouble finding resources that explain the course structure and the best ways to prepare for exams. I would love to know if anyone else has had experience with BPP?

Thanks in advance for any advice! :)

Jane Smith

Legendary Member
    Sep 2, 2020
    It will be fine. My sons both did the BPP PGDL last year. Once you have access to the BPP Hub the course structure should be reasonably clear from there and you can view the materials for each topic. From memory there are main topics in term one which practice/mock exams in about October and the final exam for those in December - contract law, company law etc. Then term 2 you start a new set of topics - criminal law, land and trusts etc and have final exams on those in about April (this is assuming you are doing the standard full time PGDL - if you do the LLM as sell then there is a bit more work in the 3rd term). (My sons did it by distance learning because everyone did last year - they were originally booked to do it in person but covid caused the change).

Bst ways to prepare for the exams? Just do the work that is set and use the trial exams/mocks as practice for the final exams.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.