Advice on SIPs

TheLuckyOne

Mar 14, 2023
Hi All, I'm lucky enough to have been accepted onto some SIPs for 2023...however the dates mean that I can't do them all, leaving me with 2 options. Option 1 is an 11 week internship with a Tier 1 corporate firm and Option 2 is to do internships of 4 weeks each at 2 other firms (also both Tier 1 corporate) - all 3 come with a guaranteed TC interview.
My instinct is to go for Option 2 to double my chances, however it also feels like a mistake to turn down the 11-week option as I've heard that such a long SIP will almost certainly lead to a TC? If anyone has advice on what the best option to secure a TC might be I'd greatly appreciate it.

Last edited:

RANDOTRON

Esteemed Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Oct 11, 2021
    Hi All, I'm lucky enough to have been accepted onto some SIPs for 2023...however the dates mean that I can't do them all, leaving me with 2 options. Option 1 is an 11 week internship with a Tier 1 corporate firm and Option 2 is to do internships of 4 weeks each at 2 other firms (also both Tier 1 corporate) - all 3 come with a guaranteed TC interview.
    My instinct is to go for Option 2 to double my chances, however it also feels like a mistake to turn down the 11-week option as I've heard that such a long SIP will almost certainly lead to a TC? If anyone has advice on what the best option to secure a TC might be I'd greatly appreciate it.
    Firstly, congratulations on receiving three offers! What have you heard in regards to the conversion rate for the other two firms?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.