Allen & Overy (Summer) Vacation Scheme

Tavistocksfinest

Star Member
Jan 3, 2020
You can log in to your application portal and see the status. If it is still under review- that is a good sign. A friend of mine checked their portal and saw that they had been rejected. I do not think they received an email rejection as well- but I will double check.
Mine is still under review, so thank you for making me feel better even if its temporary!

IzzyAn_na

Aug 13, 2020
I applied right at the end of August, so really early in and only just received a rejection today. Not sure if that meant it was considered but weird to have a rejection on a weekend!

nisadee

Valued Member
Oct 9, 2019
Is there any point applying for A&O's summer vs now when the application has been open since August? I was initially really undecided if I wanted to apply but now I want to... or should I just wait for next year?

Dwight

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Dec 21, 2019
Is there any point applying for A&O's summer vs now when the application has been open since August? I was initially really undecided if I wanted to apply but now I want to... or should I just wait for next year?

Probably not - they have started sending AC invitations out already. Also, by the time you apply, get sent SJT and complete it most if not all positions would have been filled.

Reactions: nisadee

H.N.

Distinguished Member
Future Trainee
Junior Lawyer 22
Jul 28, 2020
I agree with Dwight- instead of having a potentially unsuccessful application now, it may just be worth waiting for the next cycle and applying straight away (if you have an application drafted already and assuming the questions remain the same). Use the time between now and then wisely would be my advice!

Reactions: Dwight and nisadee

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.