Application question: Main Challenges Facing Firm

Lawbour

Legendary Member
Dec 25, 2018
Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone could help me out with this, I've hit a bit of a mind block with it.

I'm currently in the process of making an application to a sector focused firm, one of their questions is along the lines of 'what are the challenges facing this firm' - i'm not entirely sure how I should answer this without it sounding generic. I was thinking along the lines of the saturated legal market and how clients are increasingly wanting high level work for lower prices.

could someone help me out with this :)

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone could help me out with this, I've hit a bit of a mind block with it.

I'm currently in the process of making an application to a sector focused firm, one of their questions is along the lines of 'what are the challenges facing this firm' - i'm not entirely sure how I should answer this without it sounding generic. I was thinking along the lines of the saturated legal market and how clients are increasingly wanting high level work for lower prices.

could someone help me out with this :)
    It sounds like you've identified good challenges. Now, try to focus on how these challenges apply to the firm. You can use your knowledge of the firm to tailor these points e.g. Who are its clients? Is the firm already trying to add value to clients despite the saturated legal market? Does it offshore work? Does it use technology? What are its rivals doing?

Reactions: KS94 and Lawbour

Lawbour

Legendary Member
    Dec 25, 2018
    Sounds like you’re along the right lines. Perhaps tailor the answer to their sectors or client base. Or pick a couple of sectors and identify key issues for these
    It sounds like you've identified good challenges. Now, try to focus on how these challenges apply to the firm. You can use your knowledge of the firm to tailor these points e.g. Who are its clients? Is the firm already trying to add value to clients despite the saturated legal market? Does it offshore work? Does it use technology? What are its rivals doing?

Thank you guys so much, that helps a lot!! I think because I've been staring at the question for so long my brain isn't functioning rationally
    Also, I did not realise it was Christmas today haha (I don't celebrate it), so Merry Christmas to you both!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.