Application support resources

gdelle

Star Member
  • Feb 10, 2022
    Hi everyone,

I've applied for a couple of firms each of the last couple of years. Part of me knows that I've not done my best in my applications partly because I feel someone defeated before starting (not got the usual background but I slip through the net of the diversity schemes I have seen so far, know that it'll be hard to stand out, yada yada).

This year I want to change that and smash my applications, but I don't have friends or family who can help and, quite honestly, I don't know that I can afford to pay for people to review my applications - just one more hurdle in the old social mobility problem. Does anyone have any advice on how to find support?

ADKM

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Nov 2, 2022
    Hey there, I would recommend ’the mentors collective’ heard many good things about them and I think they provide free application support to their mentees (think they’re closed for mentee sign ups now, but keep an eye out on them) and apply the moment they open. There’s also Aspiring Solicitors and SEO London. I was a part of their corporate law program last year and found their application review service very helpful. They also provide one to one coaching calls and weekly commercial awareness newsletters. I believe they’ve closed applications this year but you can apply next year. Good luck!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi everyone,

I've applied for a couple of firms each of the last couple of years. Part of me knows that I've not done my best in my applications partly because I feel someone defeated before starting (not got the usual background but I slip through the net of the diversity schemes I have seen so far, know that it'll be hard to stand out, yada yada).

This year I want to change that and smash my applications, but I don't have friends or family who can help and, quite honestly, I don't know that I can afford to pay for people to review my applications - just one more hurdle in the old social mobility problem. Does anyone have any advice on how to find support?
    Check your university careers service as a first step.

You might find others on here who are happy to mutually review applications for you too - have seen small groups form in previous cycles where they catch up regularly to review each others applications.

If you do apply next year, so think about applying for our scholarship programme too. We offer up to 100 scholarship programmes each year, and it’s a great way to get access to materials and resources that will help you with applications.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.