Applying for TCs beginning 2022 next academic year?

anon32323232

Star Member
Feb 26, 2020
I'm a recent non-Law graduate, applying directly for TCs in this summer period. If nothing comes through, I will end up doing the GDL without a TC and aim to get one during that year of study.

My question is - would firms still be recruiting for their 2022 TCs by this time (ie next academic year)? Or are they likely to have filled their spaces up? I'm thinking mostly of larger firms, Magic & Silver circle etc. Sorry if this is a stupid question, but given how many recruitment cycles have passed for the 2022 intake it makes me slightly nervous...

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
Trainee
Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    I'm a recent non-Law graduate, applying directly for TCs in this summer period. If nothing comes through, I will end up doing the GDL without a TC and aim to get one during that year of study.

My question is - would firms still be recruiting for their 2022 TCs by this time (ie next academic year)? Or are they likely to have filled their spaces up? I'm thinking mostly of larger firms, Magic & Silver circle etc. Sorry if this is a stupid question, but given how many recruitment cycles have passed for the 2022 intake it makes me slightly nervous...
    Most will be recruiting for the 2023 intake but some may have spaces for 2022. You'll have to contact the firms after they make you an offer and ask if you can start earlier. I know some are very accommodating to this and it is a fairly normal request. Hope that helps!

Reactions: Alice G

Karin

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Junior Lawyer
  • Aug 25, 2019

If you end up funding your GDL, just a little tip - some law firms reimburse you for GDL/LPC if you have done it prior to receiving the offer so worth checking if this is something that is important to you :)

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.