Are my qualifications attractive to firms? [HELP]

NikolaosLouris

Standard Member
May 10, 2020
Greetings!

I hope you are well. I just wanted to ask your help with my recent applications to training contracts and my overall perceived attractiveness to law firms. Do I stand a reasonable chance at a TC? My goal is to work at a firm such as Pinsent Masons.

I have average high school results due to personal illness.

I have a 1:1 (74 overall grade) from Cardiff Met in BA (Hons) Business Studies & Management with Finance. With a 75 in my dissertation which involved heavy research.

I have a Merit from The University of Glasgow in MSc International Banking & Finance. My dissertation topic is on the evolution of due diligence in private equity due to new financial innovations. I'm also doing a research paper on a new valuation model for companies. Finishing in July. A slight chance at finishing with a distinction.

I have completed a summer internship at a well-known bank (at my home country) and recently did a 3-month legal internship/shadowing at a local law firm.

I am currently accepted at the Cardiff School of Law and Politics to undergo my GDL in September.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.