N/A

Charlie McCallum

Premium Member
  • Nov 21, 2020
    Hi All,

To my surprise I have secured a place in the semi finals. If anyone wants to form a group for us to bounce ideas around, let me know.

Additionally, if anyone has anyone guidance to impart for semi finalists please share.

Seener
    Hi, I also am through to the semi finals and I got through to the semi finals last year too If you’d like to bounce some ideas around?

dylandhaya

Aug 8, 2022
    Hi
    Hi, I also am through to the semi finals and I got through to the semi finals last year too If you’d like to bounce some ideas around?
    Hi Charlie,

I think in the interest of all people who stumble across this thread, I'd be happy to discuss how we got here (I am a semi-finalist), here - and also what to expect for the semi finals? Do you have any ideas.

My initial thoughts are that we must have excelled on other fronts as well as strictly our technical knowledge and structure of answers. Harri from AS alluded to this in Tuesday's call last week.

Factually speaking, I did not do better than any others I was up against during the quarters... so I think that the outlying differential must've been the opinion based questions which, to be honest, I did not feel or think myself to be technically stronger in either...

The main thing for the opinion questions were: having a structured discussion (not too short or too long) and using your voice (intonation, emphasis and enthusiasm) to really hone in on your opinions. I think that these must've set us apart.

I wonder what you think? I'll be at Dechert's offices on Tuesday and wonder if I'll cross paths with you and if not where you chose to compete?

Last edited:

Seener12

Nov 6, 2022
    Hi

Hi Charlie,

I think in the interest of all people who stumble across this thread, I'd be happy to discuss how we got here (I am a semi-finalist), here - and also what to expect for the semi finals? Do you have any ideas.

My initial thoughts are that we must have excelled on other fronts as well as strictly our technical knowledge and structure of answers. Harri from AS alluded to this in Tuesday's call last week.

Factually speaking, I did not do better than any others I was up against during the quarters... so I think that the outlying differential must've been the opinion based questions which, to be honest, I did not feel or think myself to be technically stronger in either...

The main thing for the opinion questions were: having a structured discussion (not too short or too long) and using your voice (intonation, emphasis and enthusiasm) to really hone in on your opinions. I think that these must've set us apart.

I wonder what you think? I'll be at Dechert's offices on Tuesday and wonder if I'll cross paths with you and if not where you chose to compete?
    Feel free to connect. I am doing Dechert Tuesday

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.