Ashurst's Psychometric Tests Practice

IntrepidL

Legendary Member
Jul 29, 2018
Hello everyone,

Last year, I passed the application stage for Ashurst but failed to get past their psychometric tests, which included elements such as Cognify and Emotify. I am normally good with Watson Glaser tests but I was quite unfamiliar with this new format.

Would anyone know of any websites or mobile applications which would be useful in practising for the test? Thank you :)

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
These assessments are far removed from something like the WG test. They are quick fire games based assessments - the absolute opposite of a WG test which requires careful and detailed consideration.

You can’t really practice them to become better at them. All you can do is become more confident with the style of questions asked and get used to answering them at speed.

You might want to try some of the “brain training” apps more generally, and also work out which format is better for you to take the test on (eg laptop/phone/iPad) and find out what format you can take it on and practice on there so you get used to the speed on reactions needed. It’s generally much more about your coordination of answering the questions that people get more comfortable with rather than the actual questions which are generally very basic.

Reactions: Adam Gilchrist and Karin

Karin

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Junior Lawyer
  • Aug 25, 2019
    Hello everyone,

Last year, I passed the application stage for Ashurst but failed to get past their psychometric tests, which included elements such as Cognify and Emotify. I am normally good with Watson Glaser tests but I was quite unfamiliar with this new format.

Would anyone know of any websites or mobile applications which would be useful in practising for the test? Thank you :)

I passed Ashurst's psychometric tests last year and I agree with @Jessica Booker. There is no preparation as such that you can do, but I tried "practice my brain" with similar exercises in advance (which I was doing anyway for fun :D) - I used "Elevate" app on my phone everyday and some of the exercises were quite similar to those of Ashurst. Not sure whether that helped, but maybe it did as I got better at those exercises with practice (at least on the app).

Reactions: Idlewild

Blue cacti

Star Member
    Future Trainee
    Junior Lawyer
    Mar 18, 2020
    Hello everyone,

I passed the Revelian tests set by Ashurst last cycle and was offered a vacation scheme so I may be able to help. As mentioned, you can’t really practice the majority of the assessments, bar going over some basic numeracy and verbal reasoning practice tests. My university gave us access to platforms such as Graduates First which had practice assessments on there - it may be worth contacting your careers service as a student/alum and seeing what is on offer. I also noted the key competencies Ashurst look for in their trainees and tried to apply these to my answers - although, if you are a right fit for the firm, you will hopefully answer the Emotify tests in this vein anyway! Good luck

• ℹ️
    Reactions: Idlewild and Jessica Booker

Sonia_Kawaii

Legendary Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Jan 12, 2021
    I passed Ashurst's psychometric tests last year and I agree with @Jessica Booker. There is no preparation as such that you can do, but I tried "practice my brain" with similar exercises in advance (which I was doing anyway for fun :D) - I used "Elevate" app on my phone everyday and some of the exercises were quite similar to those of Ashurst. Not sure whether that helped, but maybe it did as I got better at those exercises with practice (at least on the app).
    Hi Karin, what's the pass mark for the tests?

Darshan102

Feb 18, 2022
    Hi, by "passed", were you given feedback by a member of Ashurst recruitment? I am curious, as I have recently sat the Cognify test - yet to hear back from Ashurst. Would you mind sharing what percentile your results fell within the comparison group?

HopefulLawyer99

Star Member
    Nov 9, 2022
    Hi, by "passed", were you given feedback by a member of Ashurst recruitment? I am curious, as I have recently sat the Cognify test - yet to hear back from Ashurst. Would you mind sharing what percentile your results fell within the comparison group?
    Hey! Just wondering how you find out what percentage you got in the test. I just got a vague report with strengths and weaknesses

HopefulLawyer99

Star Member
    Nov 9, 2022
    Just wondering how you accessed your specific score for the tests? Mine didn't show that. Thanks

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.