Asking for advice on self study SQE and ex-used textbook

Jessi H

Standard Member
Jan 27, 2022
Hi all! Hope everything goes well.

The July 2022 SQE exams just finished. As a non-law student(actually get law degree from a civil law country), kindly asking for advices for SQE candidates on the choices of courses and textbooks!

Concerning courses, I have noticed that BPP provides self study courses for SQE 1 and SQE 2, and it's online so fits me. Can anyone provide some pass rates or information about their course quality?(such as whether the difficulties of mock exams and familiar with the real exam or so.)

About the text book, I really willing to buy some ex-used text book to start my preparation. If anyone wants to sell their text book please feel free to contract me! Advices on preparing the SQE are also welcomed. Thank you so much TCLA fellows!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi all! Hope everything goes well.

The July 2022 SQE exams just finished. As a non-law student(actually get law degree from a civil law country), kindly asking for advices for SQE candidates on the choices of courses and textbooks!

Concerning courses, I have noticed that BPP provides self study courses for SQE 1 and SQE 2, and it's online so fits me. Can anyone provide some pass rates or information about their course quality?(such as whether the difficulties of mock exams and familiar with the real exam or so.)

About the text book, I really willing to buy some ex-used text book to start my preparation. If anyone wants to sell their text book please feel free to contract me! Advices on preparing the SQE are also welcomed. Thank you so much TCLA fellows!
The pass rates haven’t been released yet by BPP. Back in February they said their student size who had sat it was too small, and the details won’t have necessarily come through from this summer’s results yet.

Reactions: Jessi H

Jessi H

Standard Member
Jan 27, 2022
The pass rates haven’t been released yet by BPP. Back in February they said their student size who had sat it was too small, and the details won’t have necessarily come through from this summer’s results yet.
Thank you Jessica! Really appreciate the reply. I am more concerned about the quality of their courses, and most importantly whether it is enough to prepare for the SQE.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Thank you Jessica! Really appreciate the reply. I am more concerned about the quality of their courses, and most importantly whether it is enough to prepare for the SQE.
It will be a bit early to tell. So few will have completed the course and sat SQE 1 and 2.

Any of the bigger providers will be well placed to provide the training, whether it’s BPP, UoL or someone like BARBRI. I can’t comment on any of their courses quality, but given the previous courses they have run they will have the resources and expertise to deliver such courses. There’s lots of new providers in the market though where the courses aren’t regulated, so it’s probably worthwhile doing some research into other providers. There is a list here: https://www.sra.org.uk/become-solicitor/sqe/training-provider-list/

• 🏆
Reactions: AvniD

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.