Aspiring Lawyer

Lyza Mae Bullos

Apr 30, 2021
Good day everyone! I am a new member here so I just wanna introduce myself first before asking your opinions, tips, and advices regarding entering a law school.

I am Lyza Mae A. Bullos, a First Year college student, an aspiring lawyer but I am taking Bachelor of Secondary Education Major in English as my pre-law course. It is really my dream to be a lawyer but, unfortunately I was not able to pass the entrance exam of Political Science course. However, this did not stop me from dreaming. After I pass the Licensure Examination for Teachers once I graduated I'll take up Bachelor of Laws. I am sharing this here because I also want to ask some tips and advices as well as your experiences for me to become mentally and physically ready as early as now. I am watching the vlogs of one the millennial lawyers in the Philippines, and the way he talks is really persuasive and catchy to the point that even I can now imagine the hardships of entering law school I still want to become one. So, kindly share something that will motivate me more to continue this passion that I really love. Thank you very much. 🥰

Reactions: Jaysen

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Good day everyone! I am a new member here so I just wanna introduce myself first before asking your opinions, tips, and advices regarding entering a law school.

I am Lyza Mae A. Bullos, a First Year college student, an aspiring lawyer but I am taking Bachelor of Secondary Education Major in English as my pre-law course. It is really my dream to be a lawyer but, unfortunately I was not able to pass the entrance exam of Political Science course. However, this did not stop me from dreaming. After I pass the Licensure Examination for Teachers once I graduated I'll take up Bachelor of Laws. I am sharing this here because I also want to ask some tips and advices as well as your experiences for me to become mentally and physically ready as early as now. I am watching the vlogs of one the millennial lawyers in the Philippines, and the way he talks is really persuasive and catchy to the point that even I can now imagine the hardships of entering law school I still want to become one. So, kindly share something that will motivate me more to continue this passion that I really love. Thank you very much. 🥰
Hi there and welcome!!

I think at this stage truthfully the thing which will always see you through the law application/recruitment process is your drive and passion to pursue the career you want for yourself. The fact you are being so proactive at this stage and trying to steel yourself for the recruitment process and law school speaks to your evident drive and determination. I also would say resilience is really crucial- I personally suffered setbacks in my journey but it really is all about reminding yourself of the end goal and just carrying on regardless! Also, try not to compare yourself to others or worry about where other people are at in their personal journey- it’s so easy to do but it really is best to just focus on being the best version of you :)
I guess that’s some very general advice/observations from my own personal experience :) I really wish you all the best in your journey and hope the TCLA forum can be a helpful resource and support system to you :)

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.