ASSESSMENT CENTER PROCEDURE FOR INTERNATIONAL VAC SCHEMERS

futuretraineesolicitor

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Dec 14, 2019
If I am an Indian student and have cleared all the rounds there are before the Assessment day, will I be required to fly down to the UK to take part in the Assessment Centre or will my process differ? Also, if I assume that I will be required to come to the UK, will the firm pay for the Airfare, Visa etc?

D

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Sep 11, 2018
Each firm differs. Some will pay for your travel. Others won't.

What is certain is that you will need to attend to complete the AC. I assume a Visa shouldn't be too much of an issue as you will only be coming to visit, not work.

I would contact the firm directly for guidance.

• ℹ️
Reactions: futuretraineesolicitor

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Depends on the nature of the exercises. Some will want you to travel to the UK, others may be able to adapt the assessments so they can be done remotely.

You won't need a visa for an interview. They may pay your air fare, but typically that is a capped amount. Even for the more generous of firms, I would expect that to be capped at £300, so less likely to cover all of your expenses.

When applying to a firm, the first thing to check with them is whether they can provide you with a visa for the summer internship. This won't be straight forward for many firms and can be very costly compared to the cost of employing you for 2-4 weeks.

futuretraineesolicitor

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Dec 14, 2019
If you were to rank the firms in order of them being generous to bear the expenses of International Applicants (I'm from India) who don't come from a strong financial background, how would you rank because honestly, I know where I come from and I won't be able to bear such expenses. Also, is there some kind of scholarship regarding the same?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
If you were to rank the firms in order of them being generous to bear the expenses of International Applicants (I'm from India) who don't come from a strong financial background, how would you rank because honestly, I know where I come from and I won't be able to bear such expenses. Also, is there some kind of scholarship regarding the same?

Very few people will know this information. I can't even give you an indication of this.

My recommendation is to contact firms you want to apply to and ask them if 1) if they can sponsor visas for summer internships; if so 2) whether their recruitment process can be done remotely; and 3) if not, what expenses they would cover if you needed to travel to the UK for that assessment process.

• ℹ️
Reactions: futuretraineesolicitor

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.