Baker McKenzie

Tushar

Distinguished Member
Mar 18, 2020
Hi Guys! I am Tushar Kumar, a final year undergraduate law student at National Law University, Lucknow. I have applied for the Training Contract, 2022 at Baker McKenzie, the deadline of which is 1st April. The firm reviews application on a rolling basis, am I already late? Anyone who could provide any insight, thanks!

• 📥
Reactions: CallumJR

hktr

Star Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 10, 2019
Hello :) As with all rolling firms, the sooner you get your application in, the better. However, I'm quite sure that Bakers do review every application fully. I submitted my application for the vac scheme a few days' before the deadline and still progressed to the next stage.

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Do you guys know whether I can apply for a direct TC after a failed Video Interview for the summer VS?
I think most firms allow for only one application per recruitment cycle, but it might be worth sending an email to HR to get some clarification on this just to be sure :)

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Guys,

I cant find a section where to include my overseas education and mitigating circumstances. How did you do?
Does it not say anything on the education page about overseas qualifications? Sorry I’m not too familiar with the Bakers app. Have you been able to do and look through each and every section for the parts you are struggling to find? Some forms only let you look at the whole thing holistically right at the end so I am just wondering if perhaps the mitigating circumstance part might come later in the app?

Changes

Legendary Member
Jan 7, 2020
Just got an invite for the Watson Glaser test.

And for info there were several places to mention mitigating circumstances/explain your education outside of the cover letter.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.