Balancing Spring Vacation Scheme with Revision

Ben Hewett

Standard Member
Sep 8, 2018
Hello all,

I have recently received a vacation scheme place at a firm, scheduled for two weeks in April. I'm naturally overjoyed, but also very aware that I have to balance time to revise as well.

Does anyone have any experience participating on a spring vacation scheme, and have any tips in balancing the two responsibilities?

Reactions: SGA

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Easter vacation schemes are tricky for that reason. Personally, I planned a schedule that had me doing barely any work during those two weeks (aside from some on the weekend). Vacation schemes can be exhausting and I personally needed that rest during the weekends. I then played catch up after my scheme.

That said, my exams were in the summer and that may not be possible if you have earlier exams.

Reactions: Alice G

Ben Hewett

Standard Member
    Sep 8, 2018
    Easter vacation schemes are tricky for that reason. Personally, I planned a schedule that had me doing barely any work during those two weeks (aside from some on the weekend). Vacation schemes can be exhausting and I personally needed that rest during the weekends. I then played catch up after my scheme.

That said, my exams were in the summer and that may not be possible if you have earlier exams.

Thank you Jaysen. Yes, a bit tricky for me as my scheme ends on April 12th, and I've got my first exam on April 23rd. I've started revision now with a large spreadsheet of subjects, so just hoping to knuckle down and get as big of a chunk done before the scheme.

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Thank you Jaysen. Yes, a bit tricky for me as my scheme ends on April 12th, and I've got my first exam on April 23rd. I've started revision now with a large spreadsheet of subjects, so just hoping to knuckle down and get as big of a chunk done before the scheme.

That's very tricky. Good luck!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.