BCLP Partner Interview

Arun Wagle

Standard Member
Future Trainee
Jun 3, 2019
Hi guys, I just found out that I have got a partner interview with BCLP. Has anyone got any insight or guidance that could potentially help me prepare, specific to BCLP or for partner interviews in general? Any help is much appreciated, thanks!

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hi guys, I just found out that I have got a partner interview with BCLP. Has anyone got any insight or guidance that could potentially help me prepare, specific to BCLP or for partner interviews in general? Any help is much appreciated, thanks!

Hey Arun -

A recent candidate shared this about her final partner interview with BCLP for a TC:

'The trainees + lawyers I knew there told me to prep the standard why law, why BCLP, why me etc because they believed getting to the final partner interview was pretty much a done deal

However my interview was actually quite commercial and challenging. I don’t know why the partners that interviewed me decided to really push me.

I remember them asking me to talk them through my legal work experience so far & to give an example of me working in a team. They very vaguely (read:barely) asked why I wanted to work at BCLP. They also asked why I wanted to be a lawyer.

Aside from that, my interview was pretty much and predominantly commercial based.

The only negative feedback I got from my interview was that I didn’t sound passionate enough about wanting to be a lawyer or working at BCLP. So, they recommended I research the firm more.'

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.