BDB Pitmans 1st stage AC

Rachael.Elisa

Distinguished Member
Junior Lawyer
Jun 15, 2021
Hi everyone, I am attending BDB Pitmans 1st stage AC on Wednesday 6th for the London office. If anyone has any precious experience with this firm I'd be grateful for any advice on what to expect and how best to prepare.
Thanks!

AvniD

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2021
Don't have any experience with the firm but would be curious to know what type of assessments the AC comprises? I can link some resources on the forum accordingly to help you prepare!

Reactions: George Maxwell

Rachael.Elisa

Distinguished Member
Junior Lawyer
Jun 15, 2021
Don't have any experience with the firm but would be curious to know what type of assessments the AC comprises? I can link some resources on the forum accordingly to help you prepare!
The email states that there will be an exercise and a panel interview. Unfortunately there are no specifics about the type of exercise!

Lawdc

Jun 30, 2022
Has been a commercial law exercise for last couple of years. Where you got a contract and then some questions. All the answers can be found within the contract itself but some general contract/commercial law knowledge would be helpful.

the task may well have changed though.
The panel interview is an interview with a partner of the firm and either another solicitor or a person from HR, so you and two other. The first part of the interview begins by going through all of your answers for the written task earlier in the day (they do not give you the correct answer but can generally feel where you’ve gone wrong or done well). So in this part you can explain how you got to your answer and your thinking behind it.

second part of the interview is a mixture of competency based questions I.e. teamwork/leadership and why BDB Pitmans?

The interview/assessment centre was relatively relaxed compared to others and the people are lovely.

good luck

Rachael.Elisa

Distinguished Member
Junior Lawyer
Jun 15, 2021
Has been a commercial law exercise for last couple of years. Where you got a contract and then some questions. All the answers can be found within the contract itself but some general contract/commercial law knowledge would be helpful.

The panel interview is an interview with a partner of the firm and either another solicitor or a person from HR, so you and two other. The first part of the interview begins by going through all of your answers for the written task earlier in the day (they do not give you the correct answer but can generally feel where you’ve gone wrong or done well). So in this part you can explain how you got to your answer and your thinking behind it.

second part of the interview is a mixture of competency based questions I.e. teamwork/leadership and why BDB Pitmans?

The interview/assessment centre was relatively relaxed compared to others and the people are lovely.

good luck
Thank you so much, that was really helpful!

AvniD

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2021

good luck
@Lawdc thanks for your answer and for supporting @Rachael.Elisa!

@Rachael.Elisa linking some resources here to help you prep in case you need them!
All the best! Let us know how it goes 💪

Reactions: Rachael.Elisa

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.