Best Free Business/Commercial Law App

Joe Pagett

Jan 22, 2019

Had Bloomberg navigating the free articles was a bit annoying. Any completely free apps out there that give a good balance of news for aspiring commercial solicitors?

Thanks in advance and apologies if something similar has been posted before, couldn't see it.

Reactions: anulciak7

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018

Had Bloomberg navigating the free articles was a bit annoying. Any completely free apps out there that give a good balance of news for aspiring commercial solicitors?

Thanks in advance and apologies if something similar has been posted before, couldn't see it.

I really like the BBC News app. Under the 'My News' section, you can select 'Business' as a topic.

Reactions: Joe Pagett

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Jaysen, your views on Watson's Daily?
    Thanks!

I think it's great. You can use it as a general overview of the big news going on at the moment and then dive into particular areas that interest you as you see fit.

We've worked with Peter Watson on and off for a while now (he produces some content for TCLA) and he's extremely passionate about helping students develop their commercial awareness at a very affordable price.

• 🤝
    Reactions: futuretraineesolicitor

Alice G

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Nov 26, 2018
    Just to add to this too, whilst not an app, Finimize is great- it gives you daily emails of commercial news which are really readable!

Also, again, not an app (sorry!) but if you like podcasts then Wake Up To Money is really good and I also like Business Matters too.

Obviously, as a shameless plug, I can’t not mention the TCLA weekly newsletter updates too!!!

Sorry these aren’t apps as such, I have the FT on my phone which I really love but of course this does require the subscription fee. I do like BBC news as Jaysen has recommended but thought I’d mention the podcasts too as they’re also free but great for when you are commuting or exercising etc :)

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.