Bird & Bird AC

Harty

Jan 10, 2023
Hi all

Received an AC invite for the 2Bird Spring Vac Scheme. The email says

"The virtual assessment centre comprises of a timed written exercise, live interview, as well as non-assessed Q&A time with our current trainee solicitors. Prior to the assessment centre, you'll be sent a preparation guide to help prepare you for this stage of the recruitment process."

My questions are
1) Should I expect a repeat of the WG? Know that they used to do it (unique to them, I believe). The above wording does not indicate I will have to repeat it, but they may just want to hide it. My WG track record is inconsistent so I will practice if I must but don't want to waste time practicing if I need not. Got any sources who can verify one way or another?
2) Was also thinking to ask for more details (and straight up asking if we must retake the WG), but not sure if this is a smart idea at this stage given they state they will be sending a guide. Could it bite me? Don't see any harm in asking when's the guide coming, but if I email, I may as well get right to the point?
3) Any other advice would be much appreciated - especially from 2022 AC participants.
4) Does anyone know if they made any offers already? Don't believe they have a Winter scheme but noticed a recent review on another site and this put me in questioning mode.

Many thanks,

AvniD

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2021
Hi all

"The virtual assessment centre comprises of a timed written exercise, live interview, as well as non-assessed Q&A time with our current trainee solicitors. Prior to the assessment centre, you'll be sent a preparation guide to help prepare you for this stage of the recruitment process."

My questions are
1) Should I expect a repeat of the WG? Know that they used to do it (unique to them, I believe). The above wording does not indicate I will have to repeat it, but they may just want to hide it. My WG track record is inconsistent so I will practice if I must but don't want to waste time practicing if I need not. Got any sources who can verify one way or another?
2) Was also thinking to ask for more details (and straight up asking if we must retake the WG), but not sure if this is a smart idea at this stage given they state they will be sending a guide. Could it bite me? Don't see any harm in asking when's the guide coming, but if I email, I may as well get right to the point?
3) Any other advice would be much appreciated - especially from 2022 AC participants.
4) Does anyone know if they made any offers already? Don't believe they have a Winter scheme but noticed a recent review on another site and this put me in questioning mode.

Many thanks,
1) I doubt it - have a look at the prep guide they send to see if you need to practice for a WG as a part of the AC.
2) I'd wait for the guide before emailing. If the guide doesn't mention the WG and you'd like a confirmation that it's not a part of the assessment this year, you can send a short email asking about this.

Reactions: Harty

lawlottie

Feb 12, 2023
Hi all

My questions are

Many thanks,
Hello! How did the AC go? Can you tell us more about what kind of questions they asked in the interview? And what was the written exercise like?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.