Blake Morgan - Second Interview

chillblue

• Nov 14, 2021
    Hi, I have a second interview at Blake Morgan and have been asked to do a presentation on a specific topic , which is fine . A legal scenario question 15 mins to read and 5 mins to report back, then 45 mins of competency questions. just wondering has anyone gone through this process and have any tips?

Thanks in advance

RoughWood

Legendary Member
    Trainee
    Feb 24, 2021
    Hey, I went through this with Blake last year and it was actually rather fun, they are a great bunch! My only tip that i was complimented on was matching my presentation slides to the firm branding, the purple and I had the logo on each too, they really liked that!
    The competencies were the usual standard so be prepared with examples from your experiences of team working etc, really try to show what you learned from them too.
    I don't recall the legal scenario now so it couldn't have been too bad, I would just keep in mind that there is rarely a right or wrong answer, they are more interested in how you come to your conclusions and the justifications behind your thinking.
    Good luck, you'll smash it i'm sure!

chillblue

• Nov 14, 2021
    Hey, I went through this with Blake last year and it was actually rather fun, they are a great bunch! My only tip that i was complimented on was matching my presentation slides to the firm branding, the purple and I had the logo on each too, they really liked that!
    The competencies were the usual standard so be prepared with examples from your experiences of team working etc, really try to show what you learned from them too.
    I don't recall the legal scenario now so it couldn't have been too bad, I would just keep in mind that there is rarely a right or wrong answer, they are more interested in how you come to your conclusions and the justifications behind your thinking.
    Good luck, you'll smash it i'm sure!
    Thanks so much for the response , I really appreciate the advice. Were you successful if you dont mind me asking?

RoughWood

Legendary Member
    Trainee
    Feb 24, 2021
    Thanks so much for the response , I really appreciate the advice. Were you successful if you dont mind me asking?
    I got through to the final AC but no offer (for direct TC), excellent feedback then and there on the phone though which was really great. It was an annoying one as my feedback was that there was nothing to specifically improve on, they just weren't going with me. I was offered a support role on the back of it though but I didn't accept as it would have been a big step down for me career wise as I was already doing legal work. I accepted another offer in the end with a big national firm and started my TC in March this year.

Good luck for the interview if you haven't had it already, let me know how you get on!

chillblue

• Nov 14, 2021
    I got through to the final AC but no offer (for direct TC), excellent feedback then and there on the phone though which was really great. It was an annoying one as my feedback was that there was nothing to specifically improve on, they just weren't going with me. I was offered a support role on the back of it though but I didn't accept as it would have been a big step down for me career wise as I was already doing legal work. I accepted another offer in the end with a big national firm and started my TC in March this year.

Good luck for the interview if you haven't had it already, let me know how you get on!
    Thanks for that. Well done for getting a TC, hope its going well. I had the interview and they were lovely people! Fingers crossed. Lots of competency questions. Thanks again!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.