BPP/UoL Scholarships for GDL

Dublinwolf95

Apr 27, 2021
Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has any insight into how competitive scholarships for the GDL are at both UoL and BPP. For context I have both an 1.1 undergrad and LLM, volunteer with several human rights organisations and have overcome significant obstacles to get to where I am now, so I think I would make a good candidate for a scholarship. I'm applying for training contracts which could fund the GDL too, but if I don't get one or get scholarship funding I would find it very difficult to pay for the GDL. Does anyone know how competitive the scholarships are?

On a separate note, can anyone advise on looking for paralegal work while doing the GDL part time - would studying for the GDL be seen as a negative or positive by a potential paralegal employer?

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has any insight into how competitive scholarships for the GDL are at both UoL and BPP. For context I have both an 1.1 undergrad and LLM, volunteer with several human rights organisations and have overcome significant obstacles to get to where I am now, so I think I would make a good candidate for a scholarship. I'm applying for training contracts which could fund the GDL too, but if I don't get one or get scholarship funding I would find it very difficult to pay for the GDL. Does anyone know how competitive the scholarships are?

On a separate note, can anyone advise on looking for paralegal work while doing the GDL part time - would studying for the GDL be seen as a negative or positive by a potential paralegal employer?
Hi there,

I am personally not too sure re the scholarships but what I will say is that you can set up calls with both of the institutions and may benefit from discussing this with them as they will have a better insight!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.