BPP vs ULaw for the PGDL

CadeTheAmerican

Jan 26, 2024
Hi, all. My name is Cade and I'm currently finishing up the final year of my BA in History and International Relations at KCL. I've been applying for training contracts and vacation schemes but haven't gotten anything firm yet, so I applied for the PGDL at BPP and ULaw in case I don't get any offers I like and decide to just do my law conversion next year.

I've been accepted to both, but I'm having a hard time deciding which one to pick. The differences between them seem pretty trivial and not TOO significant, though I'm leaning towards BPP because of how active they've been since offering me a place and how good their industry connections supposedly are.

Is there an obvious choice between these two, or will it be a similar experience either way?

Reactions: axelbeugre

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
Hi, all. My name is Cade and I'm currently finishing up the final year of my BA in History and International Relations at KCL. I've been applying for training contracts and vacation schemes but haven't gotten anything firm yet, so I applied for the PGDL at BPP and ULaw in case I don't get any offers I like and decide to just do my law conversion next year.

I've been accepted to both, but I'm having a hard time deciding which one to pick. The differences between them seem pretty trivial and not TOO significant, though I'm leaning towards BPP because of how active they've been since offering me a place and how good their industry connections supposedly are.

Is there an obvious choice between these two, or will it be a similar experience either way?
I think everybody could tell you that there is no difference between both.

I am attending BPP PGDL at the moment as my firm chose it for me. I would say that I would choose based on the law firms that I am interested in if I were you. Have a look on LinkedIn and see where the law firms you are interested send their students too. BPP has affiliations with many law firms, including some magic circle and lots of US firms too.

Whatever you choose it will be fine either way so I would not worry too much about this and good luck with your final year!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.