British Business Bank's goal to become the UK's sovereign wealth fund

Date
22 February 2023

jamielidchi

Apr 1, 2023
'Creating a competitive UK SWF or SGF could help stimulate the British economy by both directly investing in growing businesses, as well as attracting private capital investment' - this is the most interesting part of this for me; the idea that the government could attract, essentially, LPs (coming at this perhaps from a slightly over-simplistic VC angle) to invest significantly in the fund.

Jake Rickman

Distinguished Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer 42
  • Nov 6, 2020
    'Creating a competitive UK SWF or SGF could help stimulate the British economy by both directly investing in growing businesses, as well as attracting private capital investment' - this is the most interesting part of this for me; the idea that the government could attract, essentially, LPs (coming at this perhaps from a slightly over-simplistic VC angle) to invest significantly in the fund.
    I think that's spot on the value proposition behind investing government capital and resources into SWF/SGFs. Especially in the context of trying to make Britain a more competitive place for businesses and investors alike.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.