CC Ignite TC Application Questions

bwild

Premium Member
Feb 21, 2022
Hi everyone,

I was wondering whether anyone could advise whether I need to talk to graduate recruitment about this.

The questions on the online application system are:

In no more than 250 words, what are your motivations for applying to Clifford Chance? You may wish to include any relevant prior experience with creating, implementing, or designing technology to solve client problems or further a business' aims.

In no more than 300 words, please tell us how the skills and attributes you have developed to date will help you excel as a Clifford Chance IGNITE Trainee. More specifically, please explain why you wish to be considered for the IGNITE Training Contract, rather than a traditional Training Contract.

However, the parts in bold, I believe, are more suited to the other question and should be swapped around to make more sense. Does anyone else agree?

Please let me know I'm not going crazy!!!

Thanks

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi everyone,

I was wondering whether anyone could advise whether I need to talk to graduate recruitment about this.

In no more than 250 words, what are your motivations for applying to Clifford Chance? You may wish to include any relevant prior experience with creating, implementing, or designing technology to solve client problems or further a business' aims.

In no more than 300 words, please tell us how the skills and attributes you have developed to date will help you excel as a Clifford Chance IGNITE Trainee. More specifically, please explain why you wish to be considered for the IGNITE Training Contract, rather than a traditional Training Contract.

However, the parts in bold, I believe, are more suited to the other question and should be swapped around to make more sense. Does anyone else agree?

Thanks
They do feel like the sub questions should be the other way around. I would contact the firm and see what they say. I suspect other people may have flagged this to them though and that they can give you so advice on how to approach the questions based on this quirk.

AvniD

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2021
Hi everyone,

Thanks
I think the questions can work either way. As Jessica said, best to confirm with GR if the sub-questions are intended to be where they are currently and haven't been swapped mistakenly.

If this isn't a mistake, then you could approach the first question by stating what your motivation to apply to CC is ➡️ why this particular factor motivates you (link previous experiences here) and repeat for each point. So if you say you're motivated to apply to CC because of its strong client relationships, link this to how you know this matters to you- perhaps to a time when you solved a client problem and this furthered your ambition/drive?

For the second question, I'd talk about the skill/attribute you've developed and briefly elaborate on the experience(s) that helped you develop this skill/attribute ➡️ link the application of this skill/attribute to your work as an IGNITE trainee and how this makes you suitable for the IGNITE TC.

Does this make sense?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.