Clifford Chance Assessment Day interview?

christmastree123

Dec 24, 2018
Hey I have received an assessment day invite from CC and I am worried that I won't perform as well in the assessment day because I didn't attend their open day (I was rejected). For example when answering 'why CC' I feel like my answer will be generic because it is mostly based on what I researched about them online and the brief interaction I had with them last year at my uni law fair. Will I be at a great disadvantage because I haven't had proper interaction with the firm? And how can I strengthen my answer to the question 'why CC'. This is my first assessment day so any tips will be much appreciated!

aacesa

Nov 18, 2019
Hi, congratulations on the AC!

Despite the fact that you didn't go to the Open Day, CC have a lot of content on youtube and loads of podcasts on their website which discuss the life at the firm. I recommend you give that a go and try to get a feel for the firm beyond what's written on their website. To make your answers unique, try to connect it to your interests and to the ways in which you feel you can have an impact if you were to join the firm.

When is your AC, if you don't mind me asking?

christmastree123

Dec 24, 2018
Hi, congratulations on the AC!

Despite the fact that you didn't go to the Open Day, CC have a lot of content on youtube and loads of podcasts on their website which discuss the life at the firm. I recommend you give that a go and try to get a feel for the firm beyond what's written on their website. To make your answers unique, try to connect it to your interests and to the ways in which you feel you can have an impact if you were to join the firm.

When is your AC, if you don't mind me asking?

Thank you, I was so surprised to find that I got the AC! I will definitely look into their podcasts and I appreciate your tips, they are a great starting point in me drafting my answer. I chose 16th Jan as my AC date so that I would have a little bit more time to prepare :)

Lawyerwithadream

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Jul 8, 2019
Hey I have received an assessment day invite from CC and I am worried that I won't perform as well in the assessment day because I didn't attend their open day (I was rejected). For example when answering 'why CC' I feel like my answer will be generic because it is mostly based on what I researched about them online and the brief interaction I had with them last year at my uni law fair. Will I be at a great disadvantage because I haven't had proper interaction with the firm? And how can I strengthen my answer to the question 'why CC'. This is my first assessment day so any tips will be much appreciated!
Heyy congratulations!! Well done :) When did you submit your application?

Judy

A

Aug 29, 2018
Thank you, I was so surprised to find that I got the AC! I will definitely look into their podcasts and I appreciate your tips, they are a great starting point in me drafting my answer. I chose 16th Jan as my AC date so that I would have a little bit more time to prepare :)

I see! I have mine on the 14th :) Good luck to you!

Is this for the first year scheme or the TC?

Mariya

Nov 30, 2019
Same question - if anyone has tips for the CC case study I'd really appreciate if you could send a PM! :)
Hi Faye, congrats on getting in!
I attended an insight afternoon with CC and should have a copy of the case study we were given somewhere. Not sure about the tips per se but I can certainly share the materials and notes we jotted down.

Reactions: A and Faye

Teddy

Future Trainee
Nov 10, 2019
Hi Faye, congrats on getting in!
I attended an insight afternoon with CC and should have a copy of the case study we were given somewhere. Not sure about the tips per se but I can certainly share the materials and notes we jotted down.

Hi Mariya,

I have an AC on the 10th of January. Would you mind sharing these with me as well please?

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    The files are too large to upload even after compressing them. Is there a trick I am unaware of?

Could you let me know how big the file size is? I can sort this out. Alternatively, you may want to try uploading via Google Drive?

D

Deleted member 4414

The files are too large to upload even after compressing them. Is there a trick I am unaware of?

Hi Faye,

If you would not mind, I am crazily nervous and would be very grateful if you could send them to me too! I attended an Open Day but lost my bag on the way home haha!!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.