Clyde & Co Application

Discussion in 'Applications Discussion' started by Sofia Ntali, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Sofia Ntali

Sofia Ntali New Member

TCLA Credits:
    Hello! The Clyde & Co applciation starts with the following question: "Why do you want to pursue a career as a solicitor at Clyde & Co and what are the main challenges for the firm? (300 words max)"

Correct me if I am wrong, but I see three parts in the question: 1) why commercial law 2) why the firm and 3) main challenges for the firm.

Do you think an equal amount of words should be spent for the three parts? Is the "why commercial law" part really there?

Thanks in advance!

2. Jessica Booker

Jessica Booker Legendary Member
    Graduate Recruitment

TCLA Credits:
    Try not to limit yourself and your approach in this “3 equal parts” way.

Someone who has more commercial legal experience probably doesn’t need as much word count explaining that specific part than someone who has none.

yes - make sure you answer each part of the question, but how much you focus on each part is very much going down to be you as an individual

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. KS94

KS94 Active Member
    Vacation Schemer

TCLA Credits:
    I was curious about the challenges for the firm part. Would you suggest focusing on the legal industry challenges or the specific firm's challenges (e.g. challenges within their legal focus of insurance/shipping)?

4. Matt_96

Matt_96 Star Member

TCLA Credits:
    Not Jessica but I am going to write a Clydes application, and I would say go for the firm's specific challenges. The question doesn't ask about general challenges facing the legal sector.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Montyr

Montyr New Member

TCLA Credits:
    To avoid creating a new thread...

How would people advise approaching the “what do you think good client service looks like in the legal sector?” question?

It doesn’t specifically ask why, just what, so should we just focus on describing the what’s?