CMS 2020/1 Opportunities

Tomas Levy

CMS Brand Ambassador
Sep 9, 2020
Hi all,

I hope everyone is well and had a nice summer, despite the unusual circumstances. My name is Tom and I am a brand ambassador at CMS.

CMS has just opened applications to its 2020/1 programmes.

Follow this link to find out more: http://ocply.co/cms2020-ucl-web

Here are some quick facts about these opportunities.

CMS First Steps Programme is open to first-year law and second-year non-law students. During this 1 week programme you will:
  • Have the opportunity to shadow a trainee solicitor
  • Take part in various skills sessions (networking, presentation, commercial awareness)
  • Undergo a variety of case study seminars
CMS Academy is open to second-year law students, third-year non-law students and graduates/post-graduates. During this 3 week internship you will:
  • Interact with CMS' clients
  • Work with thought leaders in the legal and industry sectors
  • Work towards securing a training contract with CMS
If you are studying a Scottish degree, follow this link to speak with Jade, CMS' Glasgow Brand Ambassador: https://www.thecorporatelawacademy.com/forum/threads/cms-opportunities-scotland.2601/

Applications close on January 4th.

If anyone has any questions at all, do not hesitate to get in contact with me through this forum or through my LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/levytom/

Last edited:

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Hi all,

I hope everyone is well and had a nice summer, despite the unusual circumstances. My name is Tom and I am a brand ambassador at CMS.

Follow this link to apply: http://ocply.co/cms2020-ucl-web

CMS First Steps Programme is open to first-year law and second-year non-law students. During this 1 week programme you will:
  • Take part in various skills sessions (networking, presentation, commercial awareness)
CMS Academy is open to second-year law and third-year non-law students. During this 3 week internship you will:

If anyone has any questions at all, do not hesitate to get in contact with me through this forum or through my LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/levytom/
Hi Tomas - great post!

It might be worth posting this in the main thread too:

https://www.thecorporatelawacademy....-interview-tips-2020.2170/page-236#post-36211

It is more likely a greater proportion of people will see this in that thread :)

Reactions: Tomas Levy

Tomas Levy

CMS Brand Ambassador
Sep 9, 2020
Reactions: Alice G

Tomas Levy

CMS Brand Ambassador
Sep 9, 2020
Thanks for sharing this! Do you know if the firm will be holding any open days? Wasn't able to find this on the website.

No, CMS does not offer open days in the same way other law firms do. The First Steps Scheme would be the programme most similar to a firm open day but lasts a week instead of one day. It's intended to provide an introduction to the firm and the legal profession.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask!

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hi all,

CMS Academy is open to second-year law and third-year non-law students. During this 3 week internship you will:

Hi Tomas,

I notice you've added on your profile that you are a CMS brand ambassador. If you'd like, I can add a badge to your avatar which indicates this? That way, members can come to you for advice if they have particular questions about CMS.

If anyone else is a brand ambassador for a firm, feel free to private message me and I can do the same. I might just have to abbreviate some names/find an alternative if the name of the firm is quite long.

Tomas Levy

CMS Brand Ambassador
    Sep 9, 2020
    Hi Tomas,

I notice you've added on your profile that you are a CMS brand ambassador. If you'd like, I can add a badge to your avatar which indicates this? That way, members can come to you for advice if they have particular questions about CMS.

If anyone else is a brand ambassador for a firm, feel free to private message me and I can do the same. I might just have to abbreviate some names/find an alternative if the name of the firm is quite long.

That would be very helpful. Thank you, Jaysen.

Tomas Levy

CMS Brand Ambassador
    Sep 9, 2020
    Hi Tomas, would you know if CMS' applications are on a rolling basis?

Hi IntrepidL,

They are accepted on a rolling basis, but you will hear the results of your application after the deadline. So, for example, if you wish to apply to the London office, I would suggest you try and send your application as early as possible because it is normally the most popular programme.

nymi

Distinguished Member
    Nov 21, 2019
    Hi all,

CMS Academy is open to second-year law students, third-year non-law students and graduates/post-graduates. During this 3 week internship you will:

Hi Tomas,

I just submitted my app for CMS academy. I was wondering if you know how long it would take for them to send a Watson Glaser test. I am asking because I won’t be able to complete my Watson Glaser between the dates of 23-27th September. I’m just worried if CMS will invite me to the test around that time. And if it does, is it possible for me to ask them for more time? Or possibly rescheduling the test?

Esteemed Member
    Dec 15, 2018
    CMS asks you to give your UCAS Tariff if you have done your A-level equivalents outside of the UK. I have done mine in India. I did the class 12 CBSE Board exams. Does anyone have any idea how I should convert them? I cannot find anything on UCAS's website. Can someone please help me?

nymi

Distinguished Member
    Nov 21, 2019
    CMS asks you to give your UCAS Tariff if you have done your A-level equivalents outside of the UK. I have done mine in India. I did the class 12 CBSE Board exams. Does anyone have any idea how I should convert them? I cannot find anything on UCAS's website. Can someone please help me?
    I did my boards in India as well. So you basically can’t convert your grades into UCAS points. I mentioned in the extra information box that what grade is what marks. So for eg. A1 is 91-100 and that would be technically A*

Tomas Levy

CMS Brand Ambassador
    Sep 9, 2020
    Hi Tomas,

I just submitted my app for CMS academy. I was wondering if you know how long it would take for them to send a Watson Glaser test. I am asking because I won’t be able to complete my Watson Glaser between the dates of 23-27th September. I’m just worried if CMS will invite me to the test around that time. And if it does, is it possible for me to ask them for more time? Or possibly rescheduling the test?

Hi nymi,

Sorry for the late reply. The Watson Glaser test will be sent shortly after you have sent your application (I'm unsure of an exact time frame and will try and find out for you) and you will have five days to complete it. If you do not think this is enough time, you will be able to request an extension.

Reactions: nymi

tractor12

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Oct 6, 2019
    Hi nymi,

Sorry for the late reply. The Watson Glaser test will be sent shortly after you have sent your application (I'm unsure of an exact time frame and will try and find out for you) and you will have five days to complete it. If you do not think this is enough time, you will be able to request an extension.
    Hi Tomas,

Does everyone get sent a Watson Glaser text or only shortlisted candidates?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.