Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    CMS Academy 2020 AC - anonymous

1. Case Study and Interview

You are given preparation time to read over a pack of information about whether a client should expand into an imaginary country. You have to essentially decide whether they should/shouldn't and why based on the given information. You also have to consolidate your ideas onto a piece of paper which is the 'written assessment'. You then go into an interview (I had a partner and senior associate) and you are given about 10 minutes to present your ideas. They'll then question your ideas. After this, there is a competency interview on basic competencies.

2. Speed-Networking
    Essentially like speed dating but with trainees. There are 6 rotations, each lasting 6 minutes. They don't ask you firm-focused questions, but instead they question your morals/who you would want to go to dinner with etc. I think they are looking to see if you can build relationships quickly and if you are confident and have opinions.

3. Group Exercise
    The group exercise was focused around how CMS can use technology to help their service. I don't think they are necessarily looking to see if you have technical knowledge. Instead, I think they were looking for how you work in a group and whether you can give your opinion and defend it.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.