Commercial awareness - how to improve

Aspiring Lawyer

Standard Member
  • Jan 1, 2023
    Hi guys,

I've set myself the objective to increase my commercial awareness, what do you think of the process below? any comments welcome:

1- read a FT article, put it away
    2- summarise the article out loud
    3- try to be critical, look at the wider impacts
    4- specifically try to relate article to law firms (highlight challenges faced by companies mentioned and how the firms could help them)

The above process would initially be done out loud, but then I plan on writing it all down and hopefully build a bank of articles I'll regularly read. Please let me know how my process could be improved! Thanks

AvniD

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 25, 2021
    Hi guys,

I've set myself the objective to increase my commercial awareness, what do you think of the process below? any comments welcome:

4- specifically try to relate article to law firms (highlight challenges faced by companies mentioned and how the firms could help them)

The above process would initially be done out loud, but then I plan on writing it all down and hopefully build a bank of articles I'll regularly read. Please let me know how my process could be improved! Thanks
    This is good! When analysing the impact, try to break it down into what the main commercial and legal issues are and what a law firm's role will be in mitigating any challenges or making the best of any opportunities that may arise from these issues.

miachaniev

Apr 2, 2023
    Hi guys,

Definitely write them down and create a journal - do it digitally as well and then you'll have a searchable resource for yourself

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.