Commercial Awareness - Latest Stories

Donzi

Star Member
Mar 9, 2019
Hey guys,

Hope everyone is doing well.

Unfortunately, with the current situation, I've been quite mentally drained and, therefore, haven't focused much on the commercial world.

I would be grateful if the TCLA community could suggest some commercial articles/stories for me to follow up on.

Best,
Donzi

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
Trainee
Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    Hey guys,

Unfortunately, with the current situation, I've been quite mentally drained and, therefore, haven't focused much on the commercial world.

I would be grateful if the TCLA community could suggest some commercial articles/stories for me to follow up on.

Best,
    Donzi
    I'm posting daily stories which I think are interesting/good to follow in the thread below if that may be of use to you :)
    https://www.thecorporatelawacademy.com/forum/threads/commercial-awareness-discussion-thread.2396/

Leke

Star Member
    Future Trainee
    Jun 24, 2018
    Hey guys,

Best,
    Donzi

Hi Donzi,

I wrote a sort of commercial awareness update for this month so far and the past month.

You can read it at https://bamenation.co.uk/2020/06/12/the-month-behind/

It was going to be too long if I tried to cover everything so I just focused on Covid (unemployment, recession, shape of a recovery and GDP contractions) and protectionism (fear of rising economic nationalism and China versus US) and the impact on lawyers.

I will suggest that if you are still feeling a bit behind after this and what @Daniel Boden has suggested...have a look at the daily news briefings so far to catch up. I know FT has First FT and BBC should have something similar too.

Take care,
    Leke

Reactions: Daniel Boden

Dennis Varghese

May 16, 2020
    Hey guys,

Best,
    Donzi

It might be useful to get a heads up on what's going with Brexit since it's now coming back as a priority for all the parties involved. It is going to be absolutely awesome to witness how they negotiate virtually. Have a look here which is a guide updated this week on this topic - https://www.euronews.com/2020/06/11/brexit-draft-deal-first-of-many-hurdles-to-a-smooth-exit

Reactions: Daniel Boden

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.