Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I am born and brought up in Kenya and a lot of business experience based in Kenya.

That is fine - although you need to ensure there is a balance to your motivation for working in the UK. Sometimes people can over egg the international aspects, and it can make recruiters wonder if you are motivated for the opportunity in the UK.

Reactions: Jaysen and hashneevvora

r14n

Jan 30, 2019
I am born and brought up in Kenya and a lot of business experience based in Kenya.
Don't be afraid to talk about expansion due to business purposes and a motivation if that is how you truly feel about it and one of the reasons why you'd like to join the firm (maybe they have a good presence there).

I would recommend using it as a supplement answer (one of the reasons why this firm over the competitor) and not the only reason due to other firms also offering the same or similar opportunities. However, if there is something specifically unique about this firm or the work they do over there then make sure you have highlighted this to show them your interest.

Also, if the firm has an office in said area/continent, your answer linked with secondment opportunities can truly showcase your interest and passion, thus showing you are keen on the firm.

Reactions: encrenoire and Jaysen

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.