Cover letter

MarianaMartins

Jul 15, 2022
Hi! I am writing a cover letter for a vacation scheme, and they ask to write "a covering letter detailing why you would like to complete a vacation placement". And I am not sure what to write. I wrote why I am applying to the firm, my skills and what I hope to gain form the scheme. But this part "a covering letter detailing why you would like to complete a vacation placement" I am not sure what to write about. Any opinions?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi! I am writing a cover letter for a vacation scheme, and they ask to write "a covering letter detailing why you would like to complete a vacation placement". And I am not sure what to write. I wrote why I am applying to the firm, my skills and what I hope to gain form the scheme. But this part "a covering letter detailing why you would like to complete a vacation placement" I am not sure what to write about. Any opinions?
It sounds like you have this covered with the why the firm and what you hope to gain from the scheme parts of your answer, so I don’t think you need to worry too much about this.

MarianaMartins

Jul 15, 2022
It sounds like you have this covered with the why the firm and what you hope to gain from the scheme parts of your answer, so I don’t think you need to worry too much about this.
Thank you @Jessica Booker ! And also, if they are only asking about why would I like to complete a vacation scheme and what would I gain from the experience... this cover letter only should be around 500 words?

Last edited:

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Thank you @Jessica Booker ! And also, if they are only asking about why would I like to complete a vacation scheme and what would I gain from the experience... this cover letter only should be around 500 words?
This sounds about right - I'd keep it to a page of A4 if you can, with all the letter formalities (if you are sending it as an attachment anyway).

• 🤝
Reactions: MarianaMartins

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.