Covington Assessment Centre

Msh123

Premium Member
Jul 10, 2019
Hello everyone! Does anyone have any experience interviewing at Covington/ any tips on how to do well at their assessment centre ? It involves a group exercise and partner interview, am just trying to get an insight into whether the questions are technical/ more motivational/ their general approach to it?

Reactions: LuNo

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Hi! It may be worth posting in here which is the main thread if you haven’t already, since it gets the most traffic :)

Reactions: Alison C

roxy_y

Feb 8, 2020
Hiya, I know this is probably a little too late but I hope someone finds this helpful!

I had a Vac Scheme with Covington in 2019 and the interview was pretty hard ngl. Two partners interviewed me, and I think they really want to get to know you as an individual and being positive and outgoing is probably the main thing. However, they would throw curveball questions out of nowhere at me. For example (as I'm half Japanese and want to work with Japanese clients), one of the questions was 'how will Brexit affect the UK's relationship with Japan'. Obviously, I had not prepared for a question like this but thinking quickly on your feet and just walking through your thought process is really important as there's no 'right answer'! As for the group exercise, I think having done a law degree was definitely an advantage as it was a legal exercise, but even if you're non-law, as long as you're proactive in suggesting things you'll definitely be fine!

Hope this helps!

Reactions: Jaysen

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.