cut off in a VI

Callumw123

Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 5, 2023
How high are firm's expectations when it comes to VI's? I was cut off on one answer but other than that I feel like it went ok, is being cut off likely to harm my chances?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
If only slightly cut off, then I don’t think this is an issue. For instance if you had made your points and was just wrapping up the answer and got cut off, this would be very different to being cut off at less than half way through your answer.

Candidates running out of time happens a lot though, so I don’t think it is an issue. It is more about what you said before you got cut off really.

Callumw123

Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 5, 2023
If only slightly cut off, then I don’t think this is an issue. For instance if you had made your points and was just wrapping up the answer and got cut off, this would be very different to being cut off at less than half way through your answer.

Candidates running out of time happens a lot though, so I don’t think it is an issue. It is more about what you said before you got cut off really.
Thank you so much, this is reassuring, I was cut off as I was finishing explaining what I learnt from the experience I had, so I'm hoping that this does not, in and of itself, harm my chances of progressing

Reactions: Jessica Booker

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.