Cv dates

mkap

Star Member
Dec 8, 2022
I had a question about a role I put down on my cv. I was a course rep in uni during first year and I was re-elected during second year of uni. I put down on my applications and cv that I was a course rep from October 2019- June 2021.

I was a first year course rep from October 2021 to June 2020. I was then re-elected in October 2020 and my role finished in June 2021.

I was wondering if I need to include the exact dates when I was a course rep during both years? Or the dates I put down is fine?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I had a question about a role I put down on my cv. I was a course rep in uni during first year and I was re-elected during second year of uni. I put down on my applications and cv that I was a course rep from October 2019- June 2021.

I was a first year course rep from October 2021 to June 2020. I was then re-elected in October 2020 and my role finished in June 2021.

I was wondering if I need to include the exact dates when I was a course rep during both years? Or the dates I put down is fine?
Do you mean you were first year rep from October 2019 to June 2020? If so, these dates are fine, they will be aware you had no duties in the summer.

mkap

Star Member
Dec 8, 2022
Yes, I was a first year course rep from October 2019 to June 2020 (that’s when my last meeting for the role was). I managed to get re-elected as a second year course rep October 2020. So rather than including all of these dates on my cv or application I put down I was a course rep from October 2019 to June 2021.

Will it be obvious I was not a course rep during summer or do I need to make it clear?

Last edited:

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Yes, I was a first year course rep from October 2019 to June 2020 (that’s when my last meeting for the role was). I managed to get re-elected as a second year course rep October 2020. So rather than including all of these dates on my cv or application I put down I was a course rep from October 2019 to June 2021.

Will it be obvious I was not a course rep during summer or do I need to make it clear?
No - the dates are fine as they are.

Reactions: mkap

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.