Debate with me

RonRod13

Distinguished Member
Nov 18, 2023
Hi guys, started this thread cos i got a lot of messages and post replies about wanting to continue the W&C debate. If you want to present any counterarguments or start a new topic to debate then go ahead because this will be good practice for ACs and partner interviews. You will get grilled and probed no matter what stance you take in a partner or associate interview so being able to fight your corner is an extremely important skill and could be what sets you apart from other candidates.

Case study interviews, discussions, group exercises etc can take any turn and the conversation can go in any direction so this will be good prep for many applicants

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: sxw517

Ghassen

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Oct 24, 2022
W&C is losing associates and the progress margin of its salaries from NQs to 7+PQE is very low, which is only 50k (inside Information), that’s why I would never consider it a direct competitor to US Law Firms, at least from this perspective.

RonRod13

Distinguished Member
Nov 18, 2023
W&C is losing associates and the progress margin of its salaries from NQs to 7+PQE is very low, which is only 50k (inside Information), that’s why I would never consider it a direct competitor to US Law Firms, at least from this perspective.
Why'd you W&C's progress margin is so much lower

Ghassen

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Oct 24, 2022
According to the insider, the firm is investing too much in its trainees (50T * 150k) and partners (1.5 mil average), while ignoring the big portion of associates. This has resulted in a huge gap in salaries, and encouraged associates to look outside. It is predicted that W&C will collapse at some point with 3 to 4 years, or at least wouldn’t remain in the same level (lack of finance)

• Wow
Reactions: yasmars

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.