Dechert VI and AC

s.omething

Apr 21, 2021
I've got to do mine by this week. It will be my first video interview in god knows how long and it happens to have come at probably one of the least convenient weeks possible for me so ... Argh.

Could you/anyone else who has done it this year shed light on what kinds of questions they asked? Mainly competency, or motivational, or current affairs etc? Any vague indication would be much appreciated.

Lauren2

Valued Member
Jan 28, 2020
I completed it a few years ago, I cannot remember exactly what all of the questions were but I remember there were some curveballs/ more challenging questions than I experienced completing VIs for other firms, including naming a company you admire and why. I believe it was a mix of competency and motivation questions too, but its been a couple of years.

s.omething

Apr 21, 2021
I finished the VI last week, obviously cannot give the exact questions (not sure the questions are exactly the same for every candidate anyway), but I can say that I got Qs asking me to show 1. you did your research on dechert, 2. commercial awareness, and 3. generic competency question.

No weird curveballs. Wish I'd known that in advance because I was researching the most random shit imaginable.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.