Dechert Video Interview

Salma

Legendary Member
Feb 28, 2018
I found the following online:

‘For those asking for Dechert video interview tips, I can’t remember the questions but I think it pointed towards general competencies and why Dechert’.

gricole

Legendary Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Jul 6, 2018
    Thank you so much! Do they ask something along the lines of a successful company you're interested in and what dechert should learn from it?

Thank you once again!

Yes, to give an example of a successful business. The other one is competency based and the other one is compare Dechert with one of their competitors which is a bit hard.

• ℹ️
    Reactions: LegalUser and M777

Didi

Oct 31, 2018
    Hi, I had an AC at Dehert this week and i'm waiting to hear back. Just thought I'd share my experience. So, they have taken out the group exercise from previous years. The day is broken down as a one hour interview, one hour written task and one hour guided tour/coffee with a current trainee. The written task involves receiving information about a current client and analysing documents. You are responsible for setting out advice to said client. I found this straightforward. I don't think any prior legal knowledge is required its just about time management and organising yourself before you begin writing. The interview is divided in half so the first half is why law?/why them? and the second half is the case study which is now integrated into the interview. I enjoyed this because it was just a one to one conversation and if you look at the resources on TCA you will be fine. There were a couple things I was really pushed upon but both my interviewers mentioned we wouldn't expect you to know that we just want to see your reaction to being pushed. I had already attended an Open Day at the firm which I think definitely helped ease my nerves. Overall, great learning experience and everyone at the firm was welcoming. My best advice when preparing is to focus on general commercial awareness and be very specific about why Dechert rather than any other firm. I'm obviously still waiting to hear back but hope my experience can help out anyone with an upcoming AC.

• ℹ️
    Reactions: Jaysen

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.