Dentons Assessment Centre

kaveesha

Star Member
TCLA Writer
Mar 22, 2018
Hi, I have an AC at Dentons in 2 weeks and was wondering if anyone could offer any advice?

I know the day will consist of a written exercise, role play, case study, and interview. I'm particularly worried about the role play as I haven't been to an AC with a role play so I'm unsure what to expect.

Will appreciate help on any part of the AC :)

Thanks!

Nicole

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Feb 28, 2018
Hi, I have an AC at Dentons in 2 weeks and was wondering if anyone could offer any advice?

I know the day will consist of a written exercise, role play, case study, and interview. I'm particularly worried about the role play as I haven't been to an AC with a role play so I'm unsure what to expect.

Will appreciate help on any part of the AC :)

Thanks!

Hey! I can't be of much use because I haven't done the AC but I did have kind of a role play at an interview before. It was similar to what the person described here: https://www.thecorporatelawacademy.com/experience/dentons-interview/ with the interviewer describing different scenarios and I had to explain what I'd do.

I found it helps to have an understanding of what it's like to be a trainee so you can put yourself in their shoes when you answer the question. Think about what the question is getting at e.g. if the scenario is that you are struggling with two urgent deadlines, it's about whether you can professionally manage a situation and you have the courage to tell someone when you have a problem.

I got scenarios about how I would deal with conflicts of interest/confidentiality/client requests. At the time, I wish I had thought more about those issues beforehand and understood how they apply in the workplace e.g. a client asks you to do something that could give rise to confidentiality issues - you can't always put the client first.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.