Dentons Paralegal

kat_

Valued Member
Premium Member
Nov 14, 2020
Hi!
I have been invited to 2 stage paralegal interviews with Dentons in the corporate team.
Does anyone have any experience? I am very unsure as to what they could focus on. The first interview was very thorough - lasted nearly an hour and asked me all sorts of motivational and competency-based questions.
Since it is with two partners, can it be on corporate law itself?

Looking for any advice:)

AvniD

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2021
Hi!
I have been invited to 2 stage paralegal interviews with Dentons in the corporate team.
Does anyone have any experience? I am very unsure as to what they could focus on. The first interview was very thorough - lasted nearly an hour and asked me all sorts of motivational and competency-based questions.
Since it is with two partners, can it be on corporate law itself?

Looking for any advice:)
This could be an interview with a case study of some sort- have you been advised by the recruitment team on what you can expect?

kat_

Valued Member
Premium Member
Nov 14, 2020
This could be an interview with a case study of some sort- have you been advised by the recruitment team on what you can expect?
Hi
Thank you for replying @AvniD ! The brochure I was provided with says that it will be 'more informal' and 'will seek clarification to my previous answers'.
I am a bit worried about repeating things I said last week.

AvniD

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2021
Hi
Thank you for replying @AvniD ! The brochure I was provided with says that it will be 'more informal' and 'will seek clarification to my previous answers'.
I am a bit worried about repeating things I said last week.
I would think a bit deeper about the stuff you mentioned last week- the challenges, the process, where you could've done better, where you did really well etc. As for your motivations for working in law/at the firm, I would think about whether you missed any detail that would help contextualise why you applied for this role- maybe an experience, a conversation that influenced you? You could also consider making a list of the skills you believe you need to demonstrate to bag this role and find correlating experiences to back up why you possess them. I wouldn't worry too much about repeating stuff you've said from last week as long as you try to build on them and provide more context. Wishing you the very best!🤞

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.