Dentons

v123

Valued Member
Jan 16, 2019
Hey guys,

For the question "which of your personal achievements are you particularly proud of and why?", did you list multiple achievements or focus on one??

v123

Valued Member
Jan 16, 2019
Thanks guys!! I also have a question about the extra curricular section. Online it says they look for people with interests outside of work. Most of my extra curriculars are uni-based ie. president of a society, CAC, pro bono society, mentor etc. I’m wondering whether I should substitute one of these academic ones for something more down to earth (sports related maybe lol). Thoughts ??

Roch1234

Distinguished Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2018
I dont think theres anything wrong with uni-based examples! As long as they are well explained it shouldn't matter too much. But it could be helpful to maybe put just one non-academic example! But its completely up to you

• 🏆
Reactions: v123

BWSM201

Jan 2, 2019
Hey Vicky, I can't actually remember what firm told me this (it was back in November) but in questions like this, the 'why' is the most important. So, even if you pick an academic/uni example, the onus is on you to explain why it is important to you. When doing so, I was told it is best to explain why it perhaps developed you as a person, both personally and professionally. Sorry if this isn't explained in the best way possible, as I said it was quite a while back!

Good luck with your application :)

• 🏆
Reactions: v123

Josie

Aug 15, 2019
If anyone is willing to share the Dentons application questions I'd greatly appreciate them! Trying to get an idea of the types of questions different firms will be asking in preparation for the autumn :)

Amandeep

May 27, 2019
Hi Josie,

Dentons application questions this year were:

1) What extracurricular activities and positions of responsibility have you undertaken and why? (300 words)
2) Which of your personal achievements are you particularly proud of and why? (300 words)
3) Why do you want to be a commercial solicitor? Why are you particularly interested in applying to Dentons and why at this location? (300 words)

:)

Reactions: Daniel Boden

Josie

Aug 15, 2019
Hi Josie,

Dentons application questions this year were:

1) What extracurricular activities and positions of responsibility have you undertaken and why? (300 words)
2) Which of your personal achievements are you particularly proud of and why? (300 words)
3) Why do you want to be a commercial solicitor? Why are you particularly interested in applying to Dentons and why at this location? (300 words)

:)
Thankyou Amandeep!

Hal

Standard Member
Aug 15, 2019
Does anyone know if Dentons is still doing ACs. I have done my interview early July and haven't received a reply yet. I've sent an email and they replied that they will reply to me is due course! And that was last month. What do you think, shall I give up on this firm.

Holly

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Nov 23, 2019
Does anyone know if Dentons is still doing ACs. I have done my interview early July and haven't received a reply yet. I've sent an email and they replied that they will reply to me is due course! And that was last month. What do you think, shall I give up on this firm.

Hi Hal

I hope you’ve heard back from Dentons. If not, perhaps it’s worth bearing in mind that this is a busy time of year for recruitment.

Best of luck with your application and I really hope it is good news!

Hal

Standard Member
Aug 15, 2019
Thank you Holly, I haven't heard back from Dentons yet. I totally understand the load of applications that the recruitment team has to deal with. As long as I haven't received a rejection I still have high hopes especially that Dentons is my 1st choice firm.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.