Developing self and skills

TCinpipeline

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 31, 2021
Hi everyone - just wondering if anyone can share how they went about showing how they had developed themselves and their skills from one application cycle to the next to get ideas especially since there’s been limited resources since Covid.

Thank you

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hi everyone - just wondering if anyone can share how they went about showing how they had developed themselves and their skills from one application cycle to the next to get ideas especially since there’s been limited resources since Covid.

Thank you

Hey!

To best help you, it would be first be very useful to know why you are looking to develop yourself or gain new skills? Is it for the purpose of demonstrating this in application forms? Or did you have another reason for this?

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Sorry yes that is correct to demonstrate them in applications. Thank you.

No problem - My starting suggestion would be to reflect on where you feel you are struggling at the moment. If there are things you think you need to work on, this can be a helpful focus.

I would just be wary of doing things for the sake of doing them. In other words, rather than thinking about this in terms of what you can do to show a law firm you have developed yourself, think about what you can pursue that genuinely interests you. I have shared a few more thoughts on LinkedIn in the past here.

But if I have misinterpreted why you are looking to do this, do let me know!

Reactions: George Maxwell

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.