Did anyone else get a random invite from Ashurst a year later??

astra3127

Star Member
Apr 25, 2020
I applied for Ashurst direct TC over a year ago and I forgot I even applied. I thought they just ghosted me because other people from my year who applied got their TC offers from them already. I’ll take it I am so grateful, just very surprised. Bit nervous as I’m out of country and left all my research and open day notes in England, and I now have to get myself super up to speed with what the firm has been up to. Also wondering how a virtual AC will go, how it will be different. I also can’t seem to find whether Ashurst takes a lot of people from Direct TC or if they primarily recruit from vacation scheme, I definitely knew at one point but it’s in that notebook in England...
Anyone else have this happen??

Reactions: Alice G

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    I applied for Ashurst direct TC over a year ago and I forgot I even applied. I thought they just ghosted me because other people from my year who applied got their TC offers from them already. I’ll take it I am so grateful, just very surprised. Bit nervous as I’m out of country and left all my research and open day notes in England, and I now have to get myself super up to speed with what the firm has been up to. Also wondering how a virtual AC will go, how it will be different. I also can’t seem to find whether Ashurst takes a lot of people from Direct TC or if they primarily recruit from vacation scheme, I definitely knew at one point but it’s in that notebook in England...

Wow, I can't say I've heard this happen before, but really well done! You may find this thread helpful for some virtual vacation scheme advice: https://www.thecorporatelawacademy.com/forum/threads/virtual-vacation-schemes-top-tips.2459/.

• 🤝
    Reactions: astra3127

whisperingrock

Legendary Member
    Forum Winner
  • Sep 12, 2020

PM me! I had a virtual AC with them a few weeks ago (though it was for the VS instead of direct TC).

• 🤝
    Reactions: Jaysen and lawyermeup

Alice G

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Nov 26, 2018
    Congratulations! The best advice I can give you is not to worry too much about how many people are recruited from which path etc - just really focus on preparing well and remaining calm for the AC. When you get to this stage (especially when you applied a fair while ago!) they clearly see you as a very strong candidate so have confidence in that and I wish you all the very best!

• 🤝
    Reactions: Holly and Daniel Boden

astra3127

Star Member
    Apr 25, 2020
    Congratulations! The best advice I can give you is not to worry too much about how many people are recruited from which path etc - just really focus on preparing well and remaining calm for the AC. When you get to this stage (especially when you applied a fair while ago!) they clearly see you as a very strong candidate so have confidence in that and I wish you all the very best!
    That's good advice thank you, I know it's not helpful to ruminate over numbers and I have to check myself when I do it. And to Jon no I just applied for Direct TC, haven't changed to summer vac - I'm doing the LPC this year so I don't think I would have time/be able to do the vacs under my visa status

Reactions: Alice G

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.