Did not sign off on a cover letter

Jack239

Standard Member
Nov 27, 2022
I submitted a cover letter a few weeks ago to a pretty big firm, however, I completely forgot to sign off at the end. Is it worth emailing graduate recruitment about this, or would that just draw attention to it.

AvniD

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2021
I submitted a cover letter a few weeks ago to a pretty big firm, however, I completely forgot to sign off at the end. Is it worth emailing graduate recruitment about this, or would that just draw attention to it.
I wouldn't email grad rec about the fact that you forgot to sign off at the end as it isn't really an error they can fix on their end. They could take note of it but I don't know what purpose that would serve, really. Forgetting to sign off alone won't impact the decision on your application, so I would just sit tight and wait to hear an outcome. Wishing you the very best!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.