Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    DLA Piper Summer Vacation Scheme 2020 - anonymous

1. Group Exercise

The day started off with the group exercise. I was in a group of 6 (including myself). We had 15 minutes to read a pack of information which included 6 different issues. You want to try and form opinions on all 6 issues because you will have to discuss all of them, so keep a close eye on time during preparation. You then have 45 minutes to come to conclusions with your group.

2. Case Study
    You are given an information pack on a company (the same one that was from the group) and you need to give recommendations on how the company can be more profitable based on the information given. You then have to go into an interview with a partner and present your ideas. My advice is be structured in your presentation so it is clear what you are suggesting. The partner will then ask you any questions they have.

3. Interview

The partner who interviewed me was extremely nice. Whilst there were set questions, he wasn't only focused on those and I could tell that he genuinely wanted to get to know me as a person, so just be yourself! The questions were testing your motivation for DLA Piper and competencies. I guess the structure of the interview will depend on the interviewer and mine did just brush over some of the competencies because it was quite textbook like.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.