DLA Piper telephone interview?

bear88

Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 7, 2021
I have a TI coming up with DLA Piper for the summer internship. I've only done a TI once and it went horribly. What kind of questions could I expect?

James Carrabino

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Forum Team
Junior Lawyer 11
Oct 12, 2021
Hi @bear88, congratulations on your telephone interview!!

I do not know about DLA Piper specifically, but in my experience, telephone interviews were sort of a middle ground between a video interview and a face-to-face interview!

In both the telephone interviews I did, I had to answer some questions about myself and my motivations as well as a range of competency questions! These types of interview are less about building rapport and seeing where the conversation takes you than may be the case in a face-to-face interview and they are more about the quality of your answer. They are definitely not as formulaic as a video interview though and you should still try to maintain a conversational style :)

Reactions: bear88

bear88

Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 7, 2021
Hi @bear88, congratulations on your telephone interview!!

I do not know about DLA Piper specifically, but in my experience, telephone interviews were sort of a middle ground between a video interview and a face-to-face interview!

In both the telephone interviews I did, I had to answer some questions about myself and my motivations as well as a range of competency questions! These types of interview are less about building rapport and seeing where the conversation takes you than may be the case in a face-to-face interview and they are more about the quality of your answer. They are definitely not as formulaic as a video interview though and you should still try to maintain a conversational style :)
Thanks for the advice!! Are there any specific questions you remembered being asked, e.g., a commercial awareness related question?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.