Do Kirkland & Ellis Interview everyone?

Kola

Legendary Member
Sep 27, 2020
I just received an online interview invite for Kirkland & Ellis' 2021 vacation scheme. Looking back at my application, it was terrible. I have been rejected by firms where I have submitted far better applications. I was wondering if Kirkland, therefore, interview everyone (or almost everyone) for their vacation schemes, and then look at the application form with the interview holistically?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I just received an online interview invite for Kirkland & Ellis' 2021 vacation scheme. Looking back at my application, it was terrible. I have been rejected by firms where I have submitted far better applications. I was wondering if Kirkland, therefore, interview everyone (or almost everyone) for their vacation schemes, and then look at the application form with the interview holistically?

Highly unlikely - they just saw something in your application

Evelina

Star Member
Oct 27, 2019
I am late to this round, but i think everyone get a video interview cos I got mine sent after 2 hours of my application being sent. has anyone heard back for assessment centres?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.